Drs. Dietrich, McLean & Associates -
Fees for Services
Fees for services at our clinic vary by clinician. We do not offer free consultations, however our clinic assistant can help you decide which clinician is best suited for your needs.
Fees for assessment and/or treatment are not covered under the BC Medical Services Plan; however they may be covered (up to a specified limit) under many extended medical plans (e.g., Great West Life, Sun Life). 

Fees for psychological services are also deductible as a medical expense on your income tax return.

Unless other arrangements are made, fees are paid at the start or end of each session, and may be made by cash, debit, cheque or credit card. An official receipt will be issued when payment is received. 

Individuals who have private or work-based extended medical coverage (e.g., Sunlife) usually submit their receipts to the private insurer for reimbursement.
In addition to extended medical coverage offered through employment group insurance plans, there may be other sources of funding available, depending on your circumstances:

Additional Funding Sources  
Victims of Crime (including childhood abuse):
If you have been a victim of crime in BC any time after July 1,1972, you may quallify for treatment funding through the provincial government's Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP). If you have been a victim of crime in a province other than BC, contact the Crime Victim Assistance or Criminal Compensation body in the province in which the crime occurred to see if funding is available for treatment in BC. 
Crime includes (during childhood or adulthood) physical or sexual assault, armed robbery, home invasion, threats/assault with a weapon, stalking, mugging, witnessing certain criminal actions against others, childhood sexual molestation, incest, and childhood physical abuse. Additional crimes against the person may also qualify.  
CVAP may also provide funding for counselling for family members of victims of crime. The perpetrator of the crime does not need to be charged for funding to be available.  
In most cases applications must be received within one year of the date the crime occurred, unless 1) the crime was a sexual offence (there is no time limit), 2) the offence occurred when you were a minor (must apply before age 20 unless it was a sexual offence), or 3) there are exceptional circumstances that prevented you from filing in the time period provided.  
Application forms are available on the BC CVAP website (see link, above).  
Motor Vehicle Accidents - Psychological Injuries If you have suffered psychological injuries because of a motor vehicle related accident (including pedestrians getting hit by a vehicle) ICBC is legally required, per Part 7, section 88 of the Insurance (Vehicle) Act, to provide funding for treatment. To access funding, you may contact your ICBC adjuster directly, or have your lawyer contact your adjuster to arrange for funding.  
WorkSafe BC. If you have suffered psychological injuries at work, or workplace harassment or bullying, treatment services may be available through WorkSafeBC.  
Residential Historical Abuse Program.This program provides funding for individuals who were sexually abused when they were a child (under the age of 19) living in a provincial government foster home, group home or residential facility. 
Childhood sexual abuse is any sexual contact between a child and an older person who is in a position of trust, authority or power over the child. It may involve kissing, fondling, sexual intercourse, and/or being encouraged to touch your body or someone else's body in a sexual way. It may also include being photographed for sexual purposes, being asked to expose your body or being forced into sexual activity with other children. To apply, access the brochure and application here.

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint