Company Message - Company Message
Fees for Services
Fees for services at our clinic vary by clinician. We do not offer free consultations, however our clinic assistant can help you decide which clinician is best suited for your needs.
Fees for assessment and/or treatment are not covered under the BC Medical Services Plan; however they may be covered (up to a specified limit) under many extended medical plans (e.g., Great West Life, Sun Life). 

Fees for psychological services are also deductible as a medical expense on your income tax return.

Unless other arrangements are made, fees are paid at the start or end of each session, and may be made by cash, debit, cheque or credit card. An official receipt will be issued when payment is received. 

Individuals who have private or work-based extended medical coverage (e.g., Sunlife) usually submit their receipts to the private insurer for reimbursement.
In addition to extended medical coverage offered through employment group insurance plans, there may be other sources of funding available, depending on your circumstances:
Extended Medical Plans.  If you have extended medical coverage, your plan may include psychological services as a paramedical expense. Please check with your insurance company for details. Some insurance plans provide coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCCs) as well. 

Pacific Blue Cross. Those who have coverage through Pacific Blue Cross (e.g., Canadian Forces; Veterans Affairs; RCMP) must bring their identification card so Dr. Dietrich can obtain approval to provide services.

Victims of Crime (including childhood abuse):
If you have been a victim of crime in BC any time after July 1,1972, you may qualify for treatment funding through the provincial government's Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP). If you have been a victim of crime in a province other than BC, contact the Crime Victim Assistance or Criminal Compensation body in the province in which the crime occurred to see if funding is available for treatment in BC. 
Crime includes (during childhood or adulthood) physical or sexual assault, armed robbery, home invasion, threats/assault with a weapon, stalking, mugging, witnessing certain criminal actions against others, childhood sexual molestation, incest, and childhood physical abuse. Additional crimes against the person may also qualify.  
The CVAP agency may also provide funding for counselling for family members of victims of crime. The perpetrator of the crime does not need to be charged for funding to be available.  
In most cases applications must be received within one year of the date the crime occurred, unless 1) the crime was a sexual offence (there is no time limit), 2) the offence occurred when you were a minor (must apply before age 20 unless it was a sexual offence), or 3) there are exceptional circumstances that prevented you from filing in the time period provided.  
Motor Vehicle Accidents - Psychological Injuries If you have suffered psychological injuries because of a motor vehicle related accident (including pedestrians getting hit by a vehicle) the insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) is legally required, per Part 7, section 88 of the Insurance (Vehicle) Act, to provide funding for treatment. To access funding, you may contact your ICBC adjuster directly, or have your lawyer contact your adjuster to arrange for funding.  

For those who are funded by ICBC, fee arrangements and terms are usually made between your clinician and your lawyer or an ICBC adjuster. If you have been involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident and have symptoms arising from the accident, you may wish to contact your lawyer or your adjuster to see if you are eligible for treatment funding.

WorkSafe BC

If you have suffered psychological injuries at work, or workplace harassment or bullying, treatment services may be available through WorkSafeBC.  
Residential Historical Abuse Program.

This program provides funding for individuals who were sexually abused when they were a child (under the age of 19) living in a provincial government foster home, group home or residential facility. 
Childhood sexual abuse is any sexual contact between a child and an older person who is in a position of trust, authority or power over the child. It may involve kissing, fondling, sexual intercourse, and/or being encouraged to touch your body or someone else's body in a sexual way. It may also include being photographed for sexual purposes, being asked to expose your body or being forced into sexual activity with other children. To apply, access the brochure and application here.

First Nations Health Authority

Treatment for First Nations persons who survivors of residential schools, or who are family members (children) of residential school survivors,may qualify for counselling services through the First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) in BC.  To be eligible for this funding, the applicant must be 1) a registered "Indian" as defined by the Indian Act, or the infant of an eligible parent; and 2) a resident of BC. For more information, please visit the FNHA website. 

Dr. Dietrich is an approved provider with each of these organizations.

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint